Diarise the date: 29-30 June 2021
Venue: The Hatchery, a beautiful venue on the banks of the Amatikulu Lagoon (1 hour north of Durban)
The Unearthed Academy will be hosting our first gathering of the year with our Unearthed Community Leaders Program participants. This represents a brilliant opportunity to meet our entrepreneurs, network and find opportunities ..... there are always opportunities.
The day's program will include:
- Guided nature walks and canoeing on the Amatikulu Estuary with local community-based tourism operators,
- Presentations and talks on subjects including,
- marketing micro and community-based products,
- small business finance opportunities,
- the business case for adding social and environmental value,
- the future for social enterprise
- Mini-workshop and project design sessions
- and a range of pitches and presentations from our network of entrepreneurs.
For businesses (large and small) this also represents an opportunity to learn more about making sure your social investment budget makes the individual impact you want, a chance for our Careers in Conservation and Unearthed Social Enterprise students to meet a variety of people doing great things and potentially create valuable mutually beneficial relationships with our community-based entrepreneurs, design projects together, brainstorming, engaging, networking .....and of course getting creative and daydreaming while drifting down the river on a canoe ..... is always a winner.
Registration will open by 15 April 2021. In the meantime, diarise the date. If you would like to be part of the program or have a business opportunity, service or value add you'd also like to bring to our network, we'd love to hear from you.